IBEW 1245 operates a Northern California and Northern Nevada Outside Line Dispatch Office for the normal construction labor market for work on electrical transmission lines and substations, and outside work in electrical utility distribution systems. It includes pole construction work, steel or metal structures used for the purpose of carrying electrical wires, conductors, or equipment, street light systems, electrical underground construction work and trolley work. Lineco provides Health and Welfare and the Pension is administered by NEAP/NEBF.
We have work for journeymen linemen and other classifications as well.
To sign the books at IBEW 1245, you must have a Government issued ID and a current First Aid/CPR certificate (1245 cannot accept online CPR classes. Per Cal-OSHA, CPR must be hands on training).
To sign the out of work books, please follow these steps:
- As you enter the building, proceed to the front counter. You will have to fill out a half-sheet of paper that will include your name, email address and phone number. Please write clearly, as this is the only way to get your application and if your information is incorrect or illegible, it will delay your signing.
- Be sure to bring a smartphone or wifi-enabled device, as you will be required to upload pictures of your certificates, including Driver’s License, DOT/ Medical Examiners Cert, First Aid/CPR, Dues Receipt, Introduction Letter, Termination Slip, OSHA 10.
- Tip: For a combined First Aid/CPR card, you may indicate “yes” to one of the two and take one picture –OR– say “yes” to both and picture the front and back of the card. We need to see your name, and the expiration date.
- When uploading your documents, please make sure you are sending us the most current and valid information.
- You will not enter Dispatch until you receive an email instructing you to do so.
Hours for signing the books: 7am-11:30am and 1pm-3:30pm
Questions? Email OL-DISPATCH@IBEW1245.com
Outside Line members (“A” members) are urged to use our online service to check your hours worked, check your spot on the books, update your personal information, and pay your dues online.
To speak with an outside dispatcher, call (707) 452-2703. You can also email us at OLemail@example.com.
NEWS FLASH: A new law, now in effect, requires any new employee that has a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to be registered in a new database. The CDL holder must register themselves in the system before an employer can hire them. For our outside construction members, pre-registering can eliminate any potential issues when taking a new employer referral. Learn more here.