Two contractors died Monday morning after being electrocuted while working on power lines in Orange County, New York.
UPDATE 8/2: Update 8/2: A GoFundMe has been set up for the Ruhnke family. Please contribute what you can using the link below. UPDATE 7/30: The member who passed away has been identified as Logan Grant Ruhnke, age 33, of Perry, Kansas. He was a member of IBEW Local 304, and he leaves behind a loving… [Read More]
Like many Cal/OSHA regulations, this is the first standard of its kind in the nation. It applies to workplaces where the Air Quality Index reaches 151 – unhealthy – and when employers “should reasonably anticipate” that employees may be exposed to wildfire smoke. Exempted are indoor workplaces and enclosed vehicles with filtered air, firefighters engaged… [Read More]
Workplace safety has always been our union’s core value, ever since the founding of the IBEW in the late 1800s, and each and every day, IBEW 1245 members are continually looking for ways to enhance safety for both workers and customers. For a prime example of our union members’ commitment to safety, look no further… [Read More]
We are deeply saddened to report that on Monday, July 15, a utility worker was killed and 15 other people were injured in a gas explosion in Riverside County, CA. According to news reports, a Southern California Gas crew was responding to a natural gas line that was damaged by a contractor working on a… [Read More]