The union and LMUD began bargaining on January 9, reaching a tentative agreement on January 12, which was then ratified by the members on January 19. The agreement was approved by the LMUD Board on January 24. There were no concessions, and improvements include the following:
GWI of 5% effective 03/01/23. (Members received a 5.6% GWI on 07/01/2022 coupled with a 5% increase on 03/01/2023 totals a 10.6% increase in wages within the same fiscal year).
Year 2, CPI-U West Pacific, effective 07/01, floor of 3%, ceiling of 5%
Year 3, CPI-U West Pacific, effective 07/01, floor of 3%, ceiling of 5%
Year 4, CPI-U West Pacific, effective 07/01, floor of 3%, ceiling of 5
Year 5, CPI-U West Pacific, effective 07/01, floor of 3%, ceiling of 5%
FR Clothing yearly allowance of 1,000.00 for full-time users and 650.00 for part-time users, with an annual increase of 2.5%, in addition to an initial allotment of 2300.00. A 350.00 yearly boot allowance was also added for all Physical classifications;
The addition of Orthodontia to the Dental Plan, with a 2500.00 annual maximum benefit;
An increase from 800.00 to 1000.00 per week of on-call pay, plus an increase from 75.00 to 100.00 if a Holiday falls in the on-call week;
Martin Luther King Jr. Day was added as a Holiday;
The addition of Aunt and Uncle to the Immediate Family definition for Bereavement Leave and language for five days off instead of three;
The District agreed that the benefits for eligible dependents covered at the time of the employee’s retirement shall not cease with the employee’s death, and
an increase in the STD benefit from 1300.00 per to 1620.00 per week for a maximum of 25 weeks.
The committee consisted of members Neil Dockery, Michelle Langley, Sean Norvell, and Dave Vicondoa, 1245 Business Representative Mike Venturino, and 1245 Sr Assistant Business Manager Dylan Gottfried.
–Mike Venturino, 1245 Business Rep