After many months of bargaining, IBEW 1245 and NV Energy (NVE) reached a tentative agreement, which was subsequently ratified by the members at NVE by a vote of 211-129 (62% in favor) on Dec 2, 2022. This vote also represented an 80% turnout rate from our membership. The new five-year CBA includes:
Notable increases to wages and total compensation, with a total compensation package ranging from 16.56% to 31.01% over five years, for an average of 3.31% to 6.21% a year respectively.
All classifications* will receive the following:
• Within 30 days of ratification: Wages: 2.5%; Inflation Increase: 1.00% (3.50% for year one)
• March 31, 2023: Wages: 2.00%
• September 22, 2023: Wages: 2.50% (Totaling 4.50% for 2023)
• September 22, 2024: Wages: 2.50%
• September 22, 2025: Wages: 2.50%
• September 22, 2026: Wages: 2.50%
Additional inequity raises given to other specified employees:
*Lines Classifications listed in the offer will be paid at the rate of $60.96, $67.06, and $61.87 as listed in the offer. Additionally, the above annual wage increase shall apply in the years 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026.
*System Control listed in the offer will be paid at the rate of $52.82, $55.60, $55.33, $56.44, $58.13, $60.88,$61.04, $64.09, $67.29, $70.66, per their classification as listed in the offer. Additionally, the above annual wage increase shall apply in the years 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026.
*Field Classifications listed in the offer will receive $2.00 raise per hour
*Generation and Telecommunication Classifications listed in the offer will receive $1.00 raise per hour
*Clerical classifications listed in the offer will receive $1.75 raise per hour
In addition to the wage increases, the agreement also contains the following changes:
• Revision of Journeyman Lineman job classifications to include Rubber Gloving.
• Revision of System Control job classifications.
• Changes to the metrics required to receive the annual safety bonus of 2% and making the safety bonus an annual event paid if the metrics are met.
• New options for retiree medical starting January 1, 2024, including the ability to transport the Company subsidy.
• Reno and Carson lines may be assigned as duty employees as needed when volunteers are not available.
• Effective January 1, 2027, employees would no longer be eligible to apply for the employee discount. If an employee retires before 1/1/2027 they will still be eligible for the employee discount upon retirement.
• Title 17.1(d) would be amended to cap the meal allowance at $38.00 in 2023 and then beginning January 1, 2025, would adjust annually in accordance with the general wage increases at the time those general wage increases are implemented.
• During the term of the current collective bargaining agreement, several letters of the agreement have been agreed to; these agreements state that they will be incorporated into the next collective bargaining agreement. The parties will revise the collective bargaining agreement accordingly.
IBEW 1245 staffers Adam Weber and Dylan Gottfried worked closely with the members of the Bargaining Committee, which was comprised of 1245 members Ben Shelton, Zach Romeo, Reto Gross, Veronica Rivera, Britney Morris, Victor Barajas, Ryan Morris, Marty Kumle and Louis Kelly, along with help from the Election Committee, Judge Mariana De La Torre and Tellers Britney Morris, Victor Barajas, Dulce Jimenez and Anarosa Valenzuela.
–Dylan Gottfried, IBEW 1245 Sr. Assistant Business Manager