The IBEW 1245 members at Yuba Water Agency approved a new four-year agreement with a 5% general wage increase on July 1 of 2022 and 2023, and a wage reopener for years three and four. The union secured additional market adjustments for the Supervising Comm Tech, Supervising Elec Tech, and Senior Operator classifications.
The agreement also includes:
- Qualified Applicator stipend of 5% while performing the work.
- Additional $150 per month towards the Agency’s contribution to the retired annuitant’s health care, and reopener language to coincide with the timing of the wage reopener.
- An increase to the CTO bank of 20 hours (from 40 to 60).
- Juneteenth added as a holiday.
- An additional five vacation days after 20 years.
There were also some cleanup and clarification language changes incorporated. The bargaining committee included Chad Brow, Jason Newton, Pat Reilly, and myself.
–Dominic McCurtain, IBEW 1245 Business Representative