IBEW Local 1245 members at the Greater Vallejo Recreation District have ratified a successor agreement, which was subsequently adopted by the District Board on June 24, 2021.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- A two-year term with a 1.25% COLA in year one and a 2.25% COLA in year two
- Improvements to overtime so members can opt for pay or CTO, not just CTO (which was historically the only avenue to earn overtime)
- Uniform language improvements
- Union leave time language
- A refined re-opening language article
- Full day’s pay for jury duty when served, regardless of when released
- Guaranteed 15 minutes overtime for being assigned daily gate duty and lock up detail
There were many additional clean-up items, and the only real concession made pertains to probations being extended from six months to 12 months, with a potential three-month extension.
All-in-all, it was a very positive accomplishment coming out of the pandemic and we look forward to moving forward into a more positive future all around. None of this could have been possible without the time, effort and dedication of our 1245 Bargaining committee, Christopher Andrade, Patrick Smith and Brice Sweet.
–JV Macor, IBEW 1245 Business Rep