The IBEW 1245 members at the City of Shasta Lake have unanimously ratified a new four-year agreement, which was also approved by the City Council.
The new agreement includes wage averaging as outlined in Section 2.1 of the current MOU, effective July 1, 2020, July 1, 2021, July 1, 2022, and July 1, 2023, expiring on June 30, 2024. The Section 2.1 wage averaging formula shows the increase of the three-utility average ($57.69) to be less than the City of Redding May 31, 2020, effective wage rate of $58.61 per hour. Therefore, an increase of $2.40, or 4.269%, will be given to the City of Shasta Lake Lineman Hourly Rate, effective July 1, 2020.
Also included in the agreement were the following:
- SB 866 and AB 119 housekeeping.
- New section added to codify the changes as required by SB 1085.
- An increase in the Compensatory Time Off bank, from 40 to 80 hours maximum accrual per fiscal, and an increase from 40 to 80-hour cap.
- Revision of the overtime language to include double time after 12 hours on regular workdays.
- Adding December 24 as a new holiday (full shift).
The bargaining committee was comprised of members Ben Fisher and Dave Vandermeer, and myself.
–Dominic McCurtain, IBEW 1245 Business Rep