PG&E is hiring Journeyman Lineman across our service territory. The Journeyman Lineman job is covered under a bargaining agreement with IBEW Local 1245. Wages start at $63.02/hour to $64.91/hr., plus comprehensive benefits. PG&E also offers a 22% Pay Wage Premium in select Bay Area locations, sign-on bonus and full relocation package.
How to Apply: Applicants should complete a profile and apply online, at www.careers.pge.com There is only 1 job posting for ALL positions throughout the service territories.
Job Description (partial): Journeyman Lineman
The men and women of Electric Transmission and Distribution ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric T&D is responsible for every aspect of PG&E’s electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Our Maintenance Crew is tasked with the Maintenance and/or restoration of high voltage and electrical facilities within PG&E’s system. They are our primary crews used for emergency restoration and are the first for call-outs.
Our General Construction (GC) Department is comprised of approximately 700 employees, tasked with the Construction and Maintenance of high voltage electrical facilities within PG&E’s system. It is a mobile work force that may travel throughout PG&E’s service territory to perform its work.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Completion of a federal or state sanctioned line worker apprenticeship with approved supporting documentation (e.g. IBEW Journeyman Lineman A Ticket) and/or union or union-affiliated sponsored line worker apprenticeship
- Must possess a valid California Class A driving permit by first day of employment
- Must have passed a California DMV medical exam by first day of employment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Ability to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds
- Ability to work and drive in all types of weather and road conditions
- Capable to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory
- Successful candidates must pass the following pre-employment requirements prior to beginning employment: drug screen, background check, Post Offer Physical (POPA)
- Experienced in rubber gloving and hot stick procedures
- Experience in transmission and distribution work, underground and numerous voltages
- Effective team player with strong communication skills
For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Journeyman Lineman Knowledge Assessment (JLKA)
- Journeyman Assessment for Line-Worker Progression (JALP)