PG&E filed a General Rate Case with the CPUC in 2018. Part of that filing was a request to close 17 of the 75 CSO/local offices in the PG&E system.
IBEW was not part of an agreement that PG&E has worked out with several GRC intervener groups (including TURN) to approve closure of 10 of the 17 local offices. It is very likely that the CPUC will approve 10 of the office closures that had been requested in the GRC.
We are told that there has been no decision made on which 10 of the 17 CSO offices will close, nor precisely when PG&E and the CPUC will elect to close them. Office closures cannot occur until after the CPUC makes an announcement on the result of the GRC, which is expected around April 2020.
We remain strongly committed to protecting our members from many impacts of these closures.
- Avoiding any involuntary layoffs
- Pushing for voluntary severance opportunities
- Finding openings in CSO offices near where affected members live
- Finding opportunities in other lines of progression near where affected members live
- Finding other opportunities for those qualified for other positions