In March of this year, IBEW 1245 members at PG&E submitted proposals for our benefits committee. These proposals showed that the majority of our members wanted to protect existing benefits at PG&E.
IBEW 1245 chose not to reopen benefits negotiations for our members at PG&E during 2019. PG&E agreed not to reopen benefit negotiations. This means that there will be no changes to our PG&E members benefits in 2020.
While your bargaining committee and I like some of the proposed improvements that other members submitted, we realize that the bankruptcy filing by PG&E suggests that any potential improvements may need to look at by bankruptcy committees. This could risk jeopardizing many of the hard-earned benefits our members already enjoy. It is primarily for that reason that we agree with carrying over our current benefit agreements with PG&E through 2020.
- The medical premium co-share will remain at 7.5%.
- The medical deductibles and out of pocket maximums will not increase.
- The amount of HAP credits available will not change.
- Dental and Vision coverage will remain with no premium co-share.
- The Life insurance, Pension, 401k and LTD benefits will remain as they are currently.
–Tom Dalzell, IBEW 1245 Business Manager