In March of this year, our members submitted proposals to our benefits committee. They showed that the majority of our members wanted to protect existing benefits at PG&E.
Earlier today, we were notified that PG&E will not reopen benefits negotiations for our members in 2019. This means that there will be no changes to our PG&E members’ benefits in 2020.
- The medical premium co-share will remain at 7.5%.
- The medical deductibles and out of pocket maximums will not increase.
- There will be no decrease in the amount of HAP credits earned.
- Dental and Vision coverage will remain with no premium co-share.
- The Life insurance, Pension, 401k and LTD benefits will remain as they are currently.
While your bargaining committee and I agree with many of the proposed improvements that other members submitted, we realize that the bankruptcy filing by PG&E suggests that any potential improvements need to wait until the company is in a more stable position.
–Tom Dalzell, IBEW 1245 Business Manager