On May 25, IBEW 1245 members ratified a Tentative Agreement reached with the City of Alameda by a vote of 19-1.
The new three-year agreement will be in effect through December 26, 2018, and includes a general wage increase of 3% upon ratification, along with a 3% increase in January of 2017, and a 3% increase in January of 2018.
The following classifications also receive equity adjustments, effective upon ratification:
- Apprentice Electric Maintenance Technician, Electric Maintenance Technician and Electrical Maintenance Working Supervisor (8%)
- Apprentice Lineworker, Journey Lineworker, Service Lineworker, and Lineworking Supervisor (5%)
- System Operator Trainee, System Operator, and Chief System Operator (10%)
- Street Light Maintenance Technician and Meter Service Technician (3%)
- All other classifications (1%)
The new agreement also includes clarification of paid rest periods, improved sick leave and vacation leave benefits for probationary employees, improved dental benefits, new compensatory time provision, enhanced standby language, improved language for earned meals, acting pay, guaranteed starting rate pay at 5th step for journeyman who have completed AMP’s apprenticeship, increased boot allowance and new clothing allowance for store room personnel.
Additionally, the agreement includes a Letter of Agreement providing for Alternate work schedules of 9-80, M-F, 630am-4pm for Electric and Facilities Employees, and a Letter of Agreement providing for Alternate Work Schedule of 12 hour shifts for System Operators and Trainee, and 4-10 for Chief System Operator.
The IBEW bargaining unit negotiating committee consisted of Shop Stewards Mark Regan and Scott Cuellar, and System Operator James Trotter.
–Al Fortier, IBEW 1245 Business Rep