The IBEW 1245 members at the City of Ukiah unanimously ratified a Table Agreement with the City on Jan. 14, 2016. The vote tally was 12-0 in support of the agreement with 100% member turnout. After a few months of forward moving and positive negotiations with the City, our negotiating committee — consisting of Jim Lozano, Ben Keffeler and Rodney Huffman and Business Representative JV Macor — presented the membership with a YES recommendation for a Table Agreement that had very desirable improvements. First and foremost was the restoration of the 5% takeaway in base wages that occurred in 2013, along with two successive general wage increases as part of a three year agreement. Key features include the following:
- 5% restoration back to 9/19/2015.
- 5% general wage increase 9/19/2016 and 2.5% general wage increase on 9/19/2019.
- Term date will be 9/19/2015 to 9/18/2018.
- Incumbent employees will have an opportunity to take advantage of City medical contribution or remain on their current FLEX dollar amounts. New hires will fall under the new medical contribution amount.
- New language to explore medical cost savings collectively.
- Improved language related to residency while on-call/stand by.
We want to thank committee members and brothers Lozano, Keffeler and Huffman for all their hard work and effort.
–JV Macor, IBEW 1245 Business Rep