On Nov. 26, IBEW Local 1245 members ratified a Tentative Agreement (TA) reached with the Port of Oakland on Nov. 9.
The major provisions of the agreement are:
- 8% exchange of wages for EPMC
- 3% COLA on Jan. 1, 2015
- 100 hours of lump sum vacation deposit
- $1100/year professional development fund
- 20-year retiree medical vesting schedule
- “Me Too” provision for superior wages or benefits negotiated by any other bargaining unit.
On Dec. 20, the Port Board of Commissioners approved the TA reached between IBEW and the Port. We will have to meet with the Port to discuss the implementation of the “me too” provision for wages, retirement and health benefits.
At the same Board meeting, the Board approved agreements with the other bargaining units that contained 2% more in wage increases over the term of their agreements.
Bargaining for the union were Kenneth Taylor, Curtis Wilkins, and Dion Bailey, along with Business Representative Al Fortier and Assistant Business Manager Ray Thomas.