Local 1245 members at Wells REC ratified a new four-year agreement that raises wages 3% each year of the agreement, which takes effect Jan. 1, 2013.
The vote was conducted Oct. 31 at the Wells Senior Center.
Other provisions of the agreement include:
- All work on holidays paid at double-time.
- Work over 12 hours on a non-work day paid at double-time.
- Work over 16 hours on a work day paid at double-time.
- Employee medical/Rx premium share kept at 10%.
- Dental/Vision 100% employer-paid.
- Post-retirement medical capped at $3500 per month for pre-Medicare eligible.(Current premium $1732.27)
- Post-retirement medical capped at $2500 per month for Medicare eligible. (Current premium $600)
The agreement creates a new classification of Groundman-Equipment Operator, with the following wage rate effective 2013:
Short and Long Term Disability has been changed to employee paid. This makes the benefit (if used) tax free and the only cost to employees is payroll tax on the premium.
Negotiating for the union were Ryan Brodsho and Jacob Manning, along with Business Rep. Randy Osborn.