Members ratify pact with City of Fernley
Members of Local 1245 have ratified the agreement reached with the City of Fernley. The vote, on May 8, was 20-0.
- 1-year term 7-1-2012 through 6-30-2013.
- Change language to allow Annual Leave to be counted as hours worked when computing overtime.
- Enhanced temporary assignment. Reduced 3 days to 2 days the time required to qualify and changed language to pay for all hours worked in the assignment once you qualify.
- Changed Holiday Pay from 8 hours to whatever your normal work day is. Ten hour employees will no longer need to use vacation to make a 40 hour week.
- Increased the availability of employee training and expanded the training bonuses.
- Increased opt out compensation (health benefits) from $130 to $200 per month.
- Increased from 24 to 40 the number of sick leave hours employees may convert to vacation annually.
- Increased from 16 to 40 the number of vacation hours an employee may cash out annually.
- Cash lump sum on ratification based on years of service;
- Employee longevity of 0 years but less than 2 years– $150
- Employee longevity of 2 years but less than 5 years– $250
- Employee longevity of 5 years or more– $500
- No COLA or Step increases for the term.