Local 1245 members ratified a new one-year agreement with the City of Fernley in Nevada.
The vote, taken May 27, was 17-0.
Major provisions of the agreement included:
- Promotion process based on seniority
- Layoff procedure based on City seniority
- Comp time — employees can choose to exchange overtime worked for comp time off
- Alternative 4/10’s work schedule — at each individua’sl option
- Increased medical caps on company contributions so employees will see no additional out of pocket dollars for premiums for another year.
- Agreement from City to perform compensation survey for Water Treatment Operators with IBEW participation with consultant and job descriptions
- Agreement to create Streets Foreman — an upgrading of the position for work already being done
- No wage increase for FY 2010-2011, with City guaranteeing no layoffs
Local 1245 has also signed a Letter of Agreement moving a Legal Secretary out of the bargaining unit in exchange for adding three working foreman positions. Local 1245 represents about two dozens employees at Fernley in water, sewer, and park as well as clerical positions.
The term of the agreement is July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011. Negotiating for the union were Jay Freeman, Wayne Vanassche and Business Rep. Pat Waite.