Pacific Gas & Electric’s PowerPathway—a best practice workforce development program—is collaborating with community colleges, workforce investment boards, labor, government, and industry partners to systematically prepare individuals for energy sector positions.
Two PowerPathway programs are taking applications now: City College of San Francisco “Bridge to Utility Worker” program (limited to veterans*).
1. Starts in April 2009. Deadline to apply is February 17.
2. American River College in Sacramento “Bridge to Utility Worker” program (open to everyone). Starts in May 2009. Deadline to apply is March 6.
Each program runs 10-12 weeks.
To apply, please complete the application at www.pge.com/about/careers/powerpathway/jobseekers/courseinterest/. You will be contacted only if your application is selected for further consideration.
To learn more on the program, visit www.pge.com/careers/powerpathway.
To read about veterans who currently work at PG&E, visit www.pge.com/about/careers/powerpathway/jobseekers/veterans/.
Are you Qualified?
Applications for the CCSF program are limited to veterans who fit the following profile:
- You are a vet discharged after 4/1/05.
- Your pay grade was E3 or above and you were honorably discharged.
Applicants for both programs need to fit the following profile:
- You have electronics/electrical and/or construction experience.
- You are mechanically and technically inclined and like to work outdoors.
- You are comfortable with physically demanding work.
- You are willing to be mobile within California.
- You can pass a drug test and background check to even be considered for the program.
Please Note: Only a limited number of candidates will be admitted into each PowerPathway program. While participation in a PowerPathway program does not guarantee a job at PG&E, PG&E has made a commitment to consider and evaluate all applicants who successfully complete the course.