“A” Membership is Open to All IBEW Members!
Currently, about half of all IBEW members hold “A” membership, but “A” membership is available to all IBEW members. Becoming an “A” member would maintain your membership at your current classification, while also allowing you to receive the additional benefits outlined below.
Pension Benefit Fund (PBF)
- Only “A” members of the IBEW get to participate in the IBEW Pension Benefit Fund, through which they may later become eligible to receive a monthly pension benefit. Click here to learn more about the Pension Benefit Fund.
- A members are eligible for a $6,250 death benefit if death occurs by natural causes, or $12,500 for those who die by accident.
Added Benefits for Journeyman Level Classifications
For members who possess journeyman level classifications and would like to obtain an “A” membership, there are a couple of added benefits:
- Security in the event a member’s current employment status changes by immediately opening other employment opportunities
- Immediate ability to sign the books as a Journeyman
Ready to become an “A” member?
What you will need to provide with your application:
- Completion records of an apprenticeship program, if applicable
- your current pole top rescue documentation (within the last 12 months), if applicable
- If you have worked in your classification for less than 5 years, or never completed an IBEW-approved apprenticeship program, you will need to be scheduled for a written test. Click here for the examination policy.
Completed applications should be submitted to Liz McInnis via email to email@example.com or by mail to 30 Orange Tree Circle, Vacaville CA 95687.
This added security and benefit is available for an additional $20 a month added to your current monthly dues. (This fee will increase in 2023)
Any questions can be directed to your IBEW Business Representative or the Union Hall, 707 452 2700.