UPDATE: The IBEW 1245 members at Frontier Communications Elk Grove have voted to approve a new agreement, which was negotiated last month. The vote count was 25 to 6. The ballots were mailed out in late November, and the votes were counted on Dec. 21. The ballot committee consisted of Frontier members Bryan Coleman and James Medeiros, along with IBEW 1245 staffer Peggy Proschold.
After months of dedicated effort and hard work, the IBEW 1245 Negotiating Committee members of Frontier Communications (under the Elk Grove Agreement) are pleased to announce that they have achieved Table Agreement with Frontier Communications for the membership to vote on and that it comes with a positive “YES” vote recommendation from the Committee.
Important aspects of the Table Agreement include:
- A three-year agreement with General Wage Increases of 2.5% on 11/30/15, 2.5% on 9/29/16 and 2% 0n 9/28/17
- Medical employee contributions
- Maintain the 24% employee share of the PPO plan for 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Maintain 24% employee share of the EPO plan for 2017 with a slight increase in 2017 to 25% and again in 2018 to 26%
- Maintain 24% employee share of the Kaiser plan for 2017 with a slight increase in 2017 to 25% and again in 2018 to 26%
- Additional language related to re-open medical the negotiations of medical plans in 2017 if necessary to address possible Affordable Care Act excise tax issues
- Dental remains at 25% with no increase for the term
- Improvements to Standby language raising compensation from $50 to $60.
- Improvements to Temporary Upgrade language
- Improved Overnight Trip language and compensation at $50 for all days involved
- Improved Gloves and Work boots language with provisions for $125 re-builds in odd years and $275 towards new boots in even years along with language for new hires to be allowed $125 towards boot purchase if hired in an odd numbered year
- Improved language and additional certification opportunities under the Certification Differential section
- Increased attendance occurrences from 5 to 6
- Improved Paid Meal Language including a simplified system allowing for an “in lieu” of dollar amount system streamlining administrative costs and avoiding issues with reimbursement amounts being scrutinized.
Special thanks to our negotiating committee — Frontier members Bill Bryan, Trevor File, Kenny Lawson and Ryan Stewart, and IBEW 1245 Assistant Business Manager Ray Thomas.
–JV Macor, IBEW 1245 Business Rep