Members voted 33-4 on Dec. 23 to accept the last, best and final offer from NRG Energy.
The pact increases wages 2.9% each year of a five-year term. The agreement is effective Nov. 1, 2013-Oct. 31 2018. An earlier version of the pact had been rejected by the members.
The major provisions of the offer are:
- An improved Kaiser plan and two new NRG POS plans($15 copay, $30 copay), both with 20% member premium contributions, and a new High Deductible Healthcare Plan (HDHP) with a 5% member contribution to premiums.
- $500 one-time medical transition bonus paid to each active employee in first pay period of 2014.
- A one-time contribution to the Health Savings Account of $2500/$5000 for the first year of selection of HDHP if chosen in the 2014 or 2015 enrollment period , and with yearly contributions of $500/$1000.
- Continued 50% NRG contribution to retiree medical premiums.
- Reduced severance cap from 1.5 to 1.2 times yearly salary, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
- Improved language on rest periods, jury duty, and equitable distribution of OT.
- New evergreen language that maintains the CBA until a successor agreement is reached.
The agreement covers IBEW 1245 members at NRG Energy facilities in Pittsburg and Antioch. Negotiating for the union were Greg Ho, Rob Hutchison, along with Business Rep. Al Fortier.