Members ratify pact with City of Fernley
Members of IBEW Local 1245 employed at the City of Fernley ratified a new two-year agreement on April 30.
The agreement, effective July 1, 2013, provides an immediate 2% general wage increase.
The agreement reinstates merit/step increases on July 1, 2014. These are 4% and had been frozen for four years.
In other provisions, the agreement:
- Increases on-call pay $.75 per hour.
- Adds on-call language for parks employees.
- Allows observed holidays to be counted as time worked for computing overtime.
- Increases caps on dependent medical by $40 per year.
- Allows the use of paid sick leave to care for an ill or injured family member.
The agreement is scheduled to go to City Council for approval on May 15.
Negotiating for the union were Wayne Vanassche, Jay Freeman and Don Castro, along with Business Rep. Randy Osborn.