Local 1245 members at Foster Wheeler Martinez on Nov. 10 ratified the proposed changes to their Collective Bargaining Agreement. The ratification vote was 10-2.
The package included:
- 3 Year Term, 10/16/11 through 10/15/14
- Y1 — 2.25%, Y2 — 2.5%, Y3 — 3%
- Establishment of standby pay of $25 per day – provides an additional 1.8% in wages per person, per year (this was the highest priority for the members)
- Equity increase to two classifications of $2.50 per hour before application of GWI
- Significant increase in vacation allowance (increase in vacation time by at least one week for each person during the term of the CBA)
- Increase in sick leave and ability to use sick leave benefits to care for disabled family members
- Increase in company-provided life insurance to $60,000 in benefits per year
- Slight increase in shift differential from $0.65 to $0.85.