Been looking for a good opportunity to try out that new camera? Maybe you should enter a photo in the 2009 IBEW Photo Contest, sponsored by the International Office of the IBEW. Local 1245 members engage in a lot of interesting work in diverse locations. Your photo of a co-worker could be this year’s winner. The top prize is $200. The deadline is Nov. 30, 2009, so be thinking about your best shot and get ready to compete!
PHOTO CONTEST RULES:
1. The contest is open to active or retired IBEW members only. The person submitting the photo must be the person who took the photograph. Members may enter more than one photo.
2. International Officers and staff are not eligible.
3. Photo submissions can be submitted as digital files of at least 300 dpi, in color or black and white, on slides or glossy prints. The preferred print size is 8×10.
4. All submissions become the property of the IBEW Media Department.
5. Photo entries must have an IBEW theme of some sort, with IBEW members at work, engaged in a union-related activity or subjects conveying images of the electrical industry or the union.
6. If members are featured in the photo, they should be identified. If large groups are pictured, the name of the group or the purpose of the gathering (e.g. a safety committee, a lineman’s rodeo, a union meeting) can be submitted in place of individual names.
7. Photos previously published in the IBEW Electrical Worker or Journal are not eligible for submission.
8. All entries must include a completed contest entry form. Please note that photo entries and forms may be submitted through the IBEW Web site at www.ibew.org.
9. Please fill out the contest entry form and affix it to each photo you submit for the contest and mail it to the IBEW Photo Contest, 900 Seventh Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001.
Note: You can download a contest entry form from: www.ibew.org/articles/2009PhotoContest.pdf