IBEW LOCAL 1245 HIRING HALL FOR WORK AT PG&E
Looking for temporary work in the utility industry? The IBEW Local 1245 Hiring Hall dispatches temporary workers to PG&E.
The first step is to register for a pre-employment test at PG&E. Some classifications that are filled through the Hiring Hall require a pre-employment test and/or resume. If a pre-employment test is required, you must be qualified prior to signing up with the union. Please note: Jobs are posted and the applicable tests are administered on an as-needed basis when there is a need to recruit for specific classifications and/or locations.
If you have already qualified on the required pre-employment test(s) or held the same or higher classification in the line of progression on a regular basis at PG&E please proceed to step 2.
Step 2: PG&E will notify you by letter if you pass. Bring that letter to IBEW Local 1245 headquarters, 30 Orange Tree Circle, in Vacaville, CA. We will get you signed up and explain the process for dispatching you to temporary work at PG&E. If you do not have a copy of your Test Qualification Letter, please contact the PG&E Hiring Hall Admin Team at 925-459-7226 to assist you.
If you have held a position on a regular basis at PG&E please go directly to the IBEW Local 1245 headquarters.
Once a candidate is dispatched by the union the HH Administration receives notification to begin the required company pre-employment activities:
- Verification of your completed Job Application. We will verify your employment for at least the past seven years. Please be ready with all appropriate documentation.
- Criminal background check
- Drug screening
- Verification of your eligibility to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration and Control Act. PG&E reserves theright to terminate your employment should you fail to possess or maintain such work authorization,or if such work authorization expires. Confirmation of your identity with a government-issued ID or other acceptable document.
NOTE: You can only sign up for one classification and location at a time (union locations cover broad areas). If you have additional questions please contact the PG&E HH Administration Team at 925-459-7226.
(Please note that, in general, PG&E is only interested in applicants with certain qualifications and levels of experience.)
Vacancies filled through the HH Dept. cannot exceed a duration of more than 12 months. If duration of assignment will exceed 12 months, a HH Special Project/Condition Agreement Form must be obtained and approved by the Company and Union.
To learn more about how the Hiring Hall process works:
- Click here to read the Letter Agreement (R1-04-12) between IBEW Local 1245 and PG&E concerning temporary work through the Hiring Hall.
- Click here to read the Letter Agreement (15-20) concerning Hiring Hall medical benefits.
Impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on Retirees in the Hiring Hall
Due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), active employees cannot be covered by PG&E-sponsored retiree medical benefits. Effective January of 2015, Hiring Hall employees will no longer be allowed to retain PG&E-sponsored retiree medical coverage.
PG&E is taking several actions to get in compliance with the ACA requirements by January 1, 2015.