The three IBEW 1245-represented bargaining units at Modesto Irrigation District overwhelmingly ratified a five-year agreement. The Utility Services and Maintenance unit voted 168 yes/4 no, the Professional and Supervisory unit vote 6 yes/0 no, and the Administrative, Technical and Clerical unit voted 21 yes/0 no.
The new agreement includes a 3% wage increase each year, along with several important gains, including:
- Improvement to the size of bargaining team
- Removal of cap on time taken for union leave
- Improvement related to salary on promotion for grandfathered employees
- Overtime meal expense parity among the three bargaining units
- Addition of two vacation days after 34 years of service
- Improvement to bereavement leave
- Improvement to employee educational and professional development activities
The bargaining committee was comprised of Mike Gomes, Travis Weese, Jessica Cullins, Bryan Jones, Stephen Carlson and Rich Behler. The sub-committee was comprised of Karri Daves, Mike Anderson, Tony Moore, Adam Masterson, Dave Rippetoe and Dave Ferriera.
–Sheila Lawton, IBEW 1245 Business Rep