On June 28, 2017, IBEW 1245 members at the City of Healdsburg ratified a three-year Table Agreement for a successor Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Member participation in the ratification vote was very high, with 54 of the 58 members casting votes. The final vote tally was 49 YES and 5 NO.
This package contains zero concessions and numerous improvements, including:
- A 3.4% wage increase in the first year (back-dated to June 11, 2017), and between 3 – 4% in years two and three, based on CPI for the Bay Area.
- 100% paid medical for the lowest cost medical plan (not including the high deductible HSA plan) by premium category. Members will maintain their opt-out option for those who do not participate in the City medical plans.
- Improvements to the Bi-lingual Pay Incentive.
- The addition of Voluntary Leave language allowing from 4 to 40 hours of voluntary leave in a fiscal year.
- Improved Bereavement Leave language.
- Improved language allowing for members to more easily request a buyout of accrued vacation, giving them an avenue to offer those proceeds to assist their brothers and sisters experiencing hardships.
The agreement heads to Council for approval in early August.
All of this could not have been done without the dedication and hard work of our Healdsburg Negotiating Committee: Art Cruz, Ethan Cottrell, Jason Hageman, Allen Roseberry and Eric Webb.
–JV Macor, IBEW 1245 Business Rep