On January 5, 2017, IBEW 1245 members working at AC Transit ratified a Tentative Agreement reached with the District for a successor agreement by a vote of 15-11. The ratified agreement was unanimously approved by the Board on January 11.
The three-year agreement includes wage increase of 5.25% in the first year, 4.25% in the second year and 3.25% in the third year. The agreement also includes:
- The return of Veterans Day as a holiday
- Paid meals (20 min. lunch) will now count toward overtime
- Increased standby from 8hrs/wk to 16hrs/wk
- Annual shift sign-up
- Increased transparency in lead/working foreperson appointments
- Increased in-lieu attendance incentive to 457 deferred comp from $1000 to $1200 annually
- Specified use of leave benefits for FML, and updated other leave benefits
- Increased weekend shifts up from 6 to 8
The Negotiating Committee was comprised of Dale Brewer, Kevin Auer and James Fisher.
–Al Fortier, IBEW 1245 Business Rep